A replica of the Godspeed – one of three ships that brought the first English settlers to Jamestown in 1607 – heads up the James River after leaving Henricus Historical Park in May 2007. The ship was part of activities marking the 400th anniversary of the settlement of Jamestown.
Henrico’s Richmond International Raceway (RIR) hosts both NASCAR and IndyCar Series events each year. Total seating capacity is 97,912, and RIR is the only track to hold all of its major events “under the lights.”
Formerly the old Glen Allen School, the 50,300 square foot Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen opened in 1999. To bring together the best in visual, literary and performing arts, the Center presents impeccable programming, as well as hosts outside arts organizations.
The development of Innsbrook Business Park in the early 80s was instrumental in shaping the west end of Henrico County. With more than 850 acres of office space, residential properties and retail, Innsbrook is still a crown jewel in Henrico’s economic assets.
The Virginia Aviation Museum features the spectacular SR-71 Blackbird; 36 historic, vintage aircraft; reproductions of the Wright brothers’ kite, gliders and famous 1903 Flyer; early flight memorabilia; a World War II diorama; and the Virginia Aviation Hall of Fame.
Richmond International Airport (RIC) is one of the most modern and well–equipped airports in the eastern United States. Located in Henrico County, RIC is within an hour drive of historic Williamsburg and a two-hour drive from Washington, D.C., the Blue Ridge Mountains and Virginia Beach.
Located in eastern Henrico near the intersection of Interstate 64 and East Laburnum Avenue, The Shops at White Oak Village features more than 40 national, regional and local retailers and restaurants — more than 900,000 square feet of retail space in all.
For more than 25 years, Regency Square is and continues to be a Henrico shopping tradition. Regency offers shoppers 90 stores, 11 eateries, concierge services and a relaxed ambiance.
Located between Broad Street and historic Monument Avenue, The Shops at Willow Lawn was the first shopping mall constructed in Henrico County. The mall has been open for business since 1956.
Virginia Center Commons, the enclosed shopping mall on Brook Road, offers three major anchors and more than 100 specialty stores.
Once owned by tobacco entrepreneur Lewis Ginter, this Victorian estate’s garden has evolved as a major botanical center.
Short Pump Town Center is an upscale shopping center named for the former site of a tavern and stagecoach stop with a short–handled pump under the porch. Today the name “Short Pump” also designates an area in western Henrico.
Located at 6200 River Road. If you’re looking for designer fashions for women, River Road Shopping Center is just the place for you.