Improve accountability within General Government.
- Review for proper safeguarding of General Government assets.
- Examine for compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Audit for reliability and integrity of County information.
- Evaluate for effective and efficient operations.
- Conduct scheduled Internal Audits to evaluate controls, note commendable practices and recommend workable improvements; assist with External Audit of Independent Auditor.
- Audit Special Projects for corrective actions as required.
- Follow Up on prior Audits to determine complete, monitored and effective implementation of agreed upon recommendations.
- Advise and consult with County Management for improvements in operating efficiencies, effectiveness and results.
- Administer Office activities for continuous training and skills development, excellent quality and adherence to independence with integrity; staff Audit Committee.