The Henrico Health Department Dental Clinic provides dental care for children and adolescents. Children can be seen beginning at age 2. The Dental Clinic provides the following services:
- Routine preventive dental care
- Stainless Crowns
- Headstart Exams
- Fluoride Treatments
- Dental sealants for school age children
- Dental Education programs in the schools & day care centers
Location and Contact Information
Henrico Health Department Dental Clinic
8600 Dixon Powers Drive
Henrico, Virginia 23228
Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Contact: Call 501-4658 for appointment
Services are provided on a sliding scale fee schedule according to ability to pay. Patients need to bring proof of income. We will bill Virginia Medicaid/Medicaid HMO’s, Anthem HMO’s and all private insurance for covered services. Cash, checks and credit cards are accepted.
Other Dental Care Resources
Other resources for dental care for low income children or adults in the Richmond, Virginia are:
- Small Smiles – 804-266-5040. Small Smiles sees children with Medicaid up to the age of 21.
- VCU/MCV Dental School 804-828-9190. Provides comprehensive and affordable dental care for all ages groups.
- Bon Secours Pediatric Dental Associates 804-893-8715. Provides dental care for well and special needs children ages 1-17
Dental Care Information
Tips for Better Dental Health
- Brush two times a day using toothpaste with fluoride.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Cut back on sugar. (sodas, juices & candy)
- Choose healthy snacks, (fruits, vegetables, and popcorn)
- Wear a mouth guard when playing sports.
- Visit your dentist every 6 months for a check-up and cleaning.
- Wipe your baby’s gums daily with a clean damp washcloth.
- Bring your child for a check-up 6 months after the first baby tooth appears. It is good to start brushing at this time.
- Do not allow your infant to use the feeding bottle as a pacifier, unless it contains only water.