Henrico County offers health care coverage through Anthem. There are four plan choices:
- Premier HMO (Anthem HealthKeepers)
- Standard HMO (Anthem HealthKeepers)
- POS (Point of Service) (Anthem HealthKeepers)
- Out-of-Area PPO (Anthem KeyCare)
Each plan provides coverage for medical, hospitalization, prescription drugs, vision, behavioral health, and wellness services. Click here to view the Anthem HealthKeepers booklet, which outlines the benefits for the HMO and POS plans.
Express Scripts is the pharmacy provider for retail and mail order prescription drugs. Using the mail order pharmacy benefit provides savings on generic maintenance drugs. This applies to all four Anthem plans.
- Anthem Tutorial for Accessing Healthy Lifestyles via Anthem.com
- Healthy Lifestyles Online Video
- Healthy Lifestyles Rewards Highlights
- Healthy Lifestyles – Member Experience
NurseLine and MyHealth Advantage:
ConditionCare (Disease Management):
Future Moms (Maternity Management):
- 2014 Anthem HealthKeepers Enrollment Guide (HMO and POS plans)
- 2014 Anthem KeyCare Enrollment Guide (Out-of-Area PPO plan)
- Find a Doctor
- 2014 Health Care Rates
- 2014 Double Contribution Rates
- 2014 Health Care Rates for Permanent Part-time Employees (working 20-29 hours per week)
- Compare Plans
Side-by-Side Comparison of HMO & POS Plans
Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs) – A new format required by health reform to help you compare plan benefits:
- Additional Services
- Plan Document for County of Henrico Health Plan (Summary Plan Description)
- Compliance Notices
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Health Insurance Marketplace Notice
- Memo to Agency Heads & Key Officials – April 12, 2013
- Message to Supervisors – April 22, 2013
- Message to Employees – May 2, 2013
What qualifying events allow me to make changes to my present coverage?
Qualifying events that allow changes to present health care coverage are:
- Marriage or divorce, of the employee
- Birth or adoption of a child by the employee
- Obtaining custody of a child (court documents must be provided)
- Death of employee’s spouse or dependent
- Change in employment status of the employee or spouse
- Unpaid leave of absence of the employee or spouse
- Significant change in spouse’s employer-provided health care coverage
- Dependent child no longer eligible for coverage
Changes to your health care coverage must be consistent with your qualifying event.
When can I make changes to my health care coverage if I have a qualifying event?
You may make a change to your coverage within thirty-one (31) days of the effective date of an approved qualifying event. If you have questions about qualifying events or other employee benefits, contact the Benefits Division of the Department of Human Resources at 501-7371 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When can I expect to receive my ID card?
If you are a new employee, you should receive an ID card within ten (10) days. If you have made a change to your coverage, please allow seven to ten days.
I’m having a problem with a claim. Who can I call?
For all plans, call Anthem Member Services at 1-800-421-1880. You may also review your claims by visiting the Anthem Web site.