2014 Benefits for Retirees
The annual retiree open enrollment period for 2014 was November 1—27, 2013.
Non-Medicare eligible retirees will continue to be covered by Anthem Health Plans of Virginia. Current Anthem coverage will continue at the new rates for 2014 unless you make a change during Open Enrollment.
United Healthcare will continue to provide a Medicare Advantage PPO program for Medicare Eligible retirees. Current UnitedHealthcare coverage will continue at the new rates for 2014 unless you make a change during Open Enrollment.
During the plan year, retirees may add or drop dependents only within 31 days of a qualifying event. Examples of a qualifying event include marriage, divorce, change of employment status of employee or dependent.
Many benefits documents and forms require that you have the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader. This is available free from Adobe.
Last updated December 2, 2013
For questions, call the Benefits Division (804-501-7371).
2014 Retiree Health Care
Non-Medicare Eligible Retirees
The County offers four health care plans through Anthem. For detailed information on the plans, review the plan information listed below.
- 2014 Anthem HealthKeepers Enrollment Guide (HMO and POS plans)
- 2014 Anthem KeyCare Enrollment Guide (Out-of-Area PPO plan)
- Side-by-Side Comparison of HMO & POS Plans
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs) – please see information for active employees.
- 2014 Anthem Prescription Drug List
- Anthem Enrollment Form for Retirees
- Anthem Direct Draft Form
Medicare Eligible Retirees
- Medicare Advantage FAQs
- Plan Descriptions
- 2014 UnitedHealthcare Booklet (PPO—in Virginia)
- 2014 UnitedHealthcare Plan Comparison—High & Low PPO Plan
- Prescription Information
- Plan Documents
2014 Retiree Dental Information:
The County offers three dental plans through Delta Dental of Virginia. For detailed information on the plans, review the information listed below.
- 2014 Delta Dental Retiree Rates
- 2014 Delta Dental Brochure
- DeltaCare Provider List
- 2014 Delta Dental Enrollment Form