Benefits for Retirees
Retiree Open Enrollment for 2014 benefits was November 1 – November 27, 2013. For more information, visit the 2014 Benefits for Retirees Web page.
The Virginia Retirement System (VRS) administers retirement plans, life insurance plans and related services for its active members. Eligible members include full-time salaried, permanent employees of the Commonwealth of Virginia, participating local cities, towns, political subdivisions and all Virginia school boards. Henrico County participates in the Virginia Retirement System.
Service Retirement—Members are eligible to retire with unreduced benefits at age 65, with at least five years of service, or at age 50 with at least 30 years of service. VRS offers different retirement benefit options to suit individual needs.
Disability Retirement—You may apply for disability retirement if you become unable to perform your job because of a physical or mental disability and the disability is most likely to be permanent. For more information go to Applying for Disability Retirement.
- VRS Pre-Retirement Planning Guide
- VRS Retirement Educational Seminars
- VRS Retirement Calculator
- Social Security Benefit Estimator
- “How To” from Social Security
- Henrico County Retiree Health Care & Dental Policy
- Henrico County Retiree Health Care & Dental FAQs
During the plan year, retirees may add or drop dependents only within 31 days of a qualifying event. Examples of a qualifying event include marriage, divorce, change of employment status of employee or dependent.
Many benefits documents and forms require that you have the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader. This is available free from Adobe.
- Plan Options & Rates for Henrico County Retirees
- Health Care Supplement Rate Chart
- Retiree Health Care Supplement FAQs
- Age 26 FAQs
Non-Medicare Eligible Retirees:
The County offers four health care plans through Anthem. For detailed information on the plans, review the plan information listed below.
- Anthem HealthKeepers Enrollment Guide (HMO and POS plans)
- Anthem KeyCare Enrollment Guide (Out-of-Area PPO plan)
- Anthem Service Area Map
- Anthem Health Care – What’s New?
- Information You Need to Know
- Find a Doctor
- Transition of Care
- Transition of Care Form
- Side-by-Side Comparison of HMO & POS Plans
- Anthem Enrollment Form for Retirees
- Qualifying Event Change Form
- Anthem Direct Draft Form
- Compliance Notice
Medicare Eligible Retirees:
- 2013 UnitedHealthcare Booklet (PPO—in Virginia)
- 2013 UnitedHealthcare Plan Comparison—High & Low PPO Plan
- 2013 UnitedHealthcare Provider Directory (PPO—in Virginia)
- SilverSneakers™ Fitness Program brochure
- 2013 UnitedHealthcare Formulary
- 2013 UnitedHealthcare Prescription Mail Order Form
- 2013 UnitedHealthcare Bonus Drug List
The County offers three dental plans through Delta Dental of Virginia. For detailed information on the plans, review the information listed below.
- 2013 Delta Dental Rates
- 2013 Delta Dental Brochure
- 2013 Delta Dental Enrollment/Change Form
- DeltaCare Provider List
- 2013 Deltal Dental Direct Draft Authorization Form
- VRS Home Page
- VRS Forms
- VRS Life Insurance (Minnesota Life)
Customer Service 1-800-441-2258
Customer Service 1-800-421-1880
- United Healthcare
Customer Service 1-800-457-8506
- Delta Dental of Virginia
High and Low Option Plans 1-800-237-6060
Customer Service 1-800-633-4227
- Senior Navigator
- Social Security Administration