Henrico County Training Center – 7701 East Parham Road
The Henrico County Training Center offers the following facilities:
- Multi-purpose rooms for wellness classes, etc.
- Weight room (see Weight Room Rules below and Weight Room Orientation on the Getting Started page)
- Cardiovascular equipment
- Strength training equipment and free weights
- Basketball gymnasium for group fitness classes
- Showers and locker rooms
- Outdoor running/walking trails
Weight Room Rules
- Permanent public safety, general government, and public school employees are eligible to use the weight room equipment and participate in fitness classes.
- Employee must attend a Weight Room Orientation prior to using the workout facilities located in the Training Center.
- The workout facilities are available for non-public safety personnel from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. No weekends or general government holidays.
- County retirees have access to the workout facilities 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. No weekends or general government holidays.
- It is County policy to have your county ID on your person. It is mandatory that you have it available in order to enter and use the facility.
- You must sign in on the computer each time you use the weight room equipment or attend a fitness class.
- Proper exercise attire and clean, non-marking athletic footwear must be worn at all times. Sandals and other open-toe footwear, dress shoes, jeans, or jean shorts are prohibited. Clothing with rivets or zippers can tear upholstery.
- Access to the building is limited to the first floor only.
- For safety purposes, the ‘buddy’ system is recommended when using the weight room equipment.
- Weights, plates, dumbbells, and accessories must be re-racked and/or returned to their proper storage areas after use.
- Collars must be used on all free-weight equipment.
- Do not drop or bang weights. This includes, but is not limited to, barbells, dumbbells, free-weight equipment, and other weight training machines. Every time weights are dropped, there is the potential to harm yourself and others around you, as well as damage the floor.
- Spray equipment and mats with cleaning solution and wipe with a paper towel after each use.
- Ellipticals, treadmills, and other cardiovascular machines are in high demand. As a courtesy to other patrons, workout time should be limited to 30 minutes on all cardiovascular machines.
- Personal items are to be stored in ‘day lockers’ only. Items are to be removed after each work out session. Items left unattended will be taken to Lost and Found.
- No food is allowed in the weight room or multi-purpose room. Only drinks in containers with tight-fitting lids are permitted.