Henricopolis/Colonial Agriculture Education Foundation Scholarship
Each year, Henricopolis SWCD offers three scholarships through an endowment with Colonial Agricultural Education Foundation. Two high school seniors and one college student may be chosen to receive these awards. Awards this year will be in the amount of $1,000 each. Qualifications are:
- Applicant must be a Henrico resident
- Applicant must be attending or plan to attend a Virginia state-supported college or university
- Applicant must be majoring in a conservation-related field such as environmental science, forestry, meteorology, or agriculture (e.g., horticulture, crop & environmental science, animal science, ag. economics, turf, etc.)
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 high school GPA or a minimum 2.5 GPA in major field of study
- Applications must include two letters of character reference, at least one being from current high school or college/university faculty
- Click here to apply for scholarship guidelines and to apply online.
VASWCD Education Foundation Scholarships
Each year, the VA Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts offers scholarships statewide to students majoring in or showing a strong desire to major in a course curriculum related to natural resource conservation and/or environmental studies.
- Applicants must be full-time students enrolled in or who have applied to a college freshman level curriculum.
- Applicants shall document a class ranking in the top 20% of his or her graduating class or a 3.0 or greater Grade Point Average or appropriate equivalent of individual scholastic achievement.
- Applicants shall demonstrate active interest in conservation.
Henricopolis SWCD will select one application from a Henrico student to be submitted to the VASWCD Education Foundation.
Applications must be submitted to Henricopolis.
Application deadline is March 1!