The Commission for Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) awarded Henrico County’s eight MH/DS services another three-year national accreditation — through November, 2013.
In January, 2011 a team of surveyors conducted a three-day site visit to assess programs seeking re-accreditation.
Highlights of Agency Strengths from the 2011 survey report
- The organization maintains warm and welcoming facilities in accessible and safe locations.
- The fiscal management of the organization supports continued stability and strong operations.
- The leadership is respected by both staff members and the community.
- The longevity of tenure of staff members supports a stable and effective program that is committed to excellence.
- All staff members are involved in community groups and the organization’s efforts to remove the stigma of mental illness. Staff members work well together as a team that is clearly person centered.
- The organization is recognized for its implementation of a full continuum of services through the use of a recovery model.
- The board members are actively involved in the organization and serve as role models and ambassadors for the organization.
- The art program promotes recovery and provides the persons served with artistic opportunities, relevant art, music and imagery. The persons served are assisted in displaying and selling their artwork.
- The persons served expressed satisfaction with the services they receive.
Eight separate MH/DS services received accreditation
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
- Woodman ACT Team
- East ACT Team
Case Management/Services Coordination
- Case Management & Assessment
Community Employment Services
- Individual Supported Employment
- Enclaves and Workcrews
- Lakeside Center Vocational Services
- Lakeside Center
- Life Enrichment Program (LEP)
Organizational Employment Services
- Hermitage Enterprises
- Cypress Enterprises
- Connect Program
- Charles City/New Kent Prevention Services
The mission of CARF is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process that centers on enhancing the lives of the persons served.
Please feel free to contact Yvonne Russell at (804) 727-8514 or Debra Bernard at (804) 727-8457 for additional MH/DS’s CARF information or questions.