All five members of the Henrico County Board of Supervisors and three deputy county managers will serve on policy and operational committees of the Virginia Association of Counties (VACo) in 2014.
Members of the Board of Supervisors received this month the following appointments:
- Chairman and Tuckahoe District Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon, Administration of Government, Public Safety and Telecommunications Steering Committee; also represents Region 3 on the VACo Board of Directors;
- Vice Chairman and Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, Education Steering Committee;
- Brookland District Supervisor Richard W. Glover, Community Development and Planning Steering Committee;
- Three Chopt District Supervisor David A. Kaechele, Finance Steering Committee; and
- Varina District Supervisor Tyrone E. Nelson, Transportation Steering Committee and Nominations Committee.
Henrico administration officials who received appointments are:
- Deputy County Manager for Administration Joseph P. Casey, Finance Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Community Development Randall R. Silber, Environment and Agriculture Steering Committee; and
- Deputy County Manager for Community Services Jane D. Crawley, Health and Human Resources Steering Committee.
VACo committees review legislative requests from member counties, recommend an annual legislative program and provide policy guidance to VACo staff. The association represents local governments at the state and federal levels and provides a resource network for planning and implementing ideas and technologies.