The County offers a comprehensive benefit package to full-time employees hired in authorized positions. The following is a brief summary highlighting the major benefits available to eligible employees:
- Paid biweekly and receive a paycheck every other Friday
- Full-time employees earn 13 days of vacation each year. This increases up to 26 days after 20 years of service.
- 13 days of sick leave earned per year
- 10 and 1/2 regular holidays and 2 floating holidays per year
- Health insurance plan (optional)
- Dental insurance (optional)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and child care expenses (optional)
- Additional life insurance (optional)
- Retirement through Virginia Retirement System
- Deferred compensation (optional)
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and family members
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance (optional)
- Credit Union membership (optional)
- Direct deposit of your paycheck
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Eligible for merit increases after one year of satisfactory employment
|The Public Safety Dispatcher is a skilled emergency communication professional who receives emergency 911 and non-emergency requests for police, fire and rescue.
Interested in joining this team? Click here
You can view a vacancy list and complete a County employment application here.
Police Personnel (Toll Free): (877)436-HIRE
The County of Henrico does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.