Complete an application
Physical Agility Test
Medical and Drug Testing
Final Offer of Employment
It is necessary to successfully complete each task within the established time frame in order to continue in the employment process.
The Physical Agility Test for the position of Police Officer and Animal Protection Officer consists of various job related physical activities. These activities are set out in an obstacle course design. The activities will be conducted continuously until the human simulator drag.
The time allowed for the completion of the first part of the physical agility test is 3 minutes, 30 seconds. The time allowed for the human simulator drag is 1 minute.
During the test you will be required to wear certain equipment worn by patrol officers. (Total added weight of 9 to 13 pounds) This equipment is provided on site and consists of:
- Police uniform leather gun belt, police weapon
- Police baton, portable radio
- Police ballistics vest
The Physical Agility Test consists of:
- Applicant begins test seated in police vehicle, door closed, seat belt fastened.
- Exit vehicle, jump/climb a six foot barrier (this type of exercise determines whether a candidate can pull themselves up on any type of object.)
- Complete a one-quarter (1/4) mile Run/Walk, making various turns (this task simulates a pursuit run)
- Jump a simulated four (4) foot culvert/ditch
- Draw and Dry Fire the police weapon, five (5) rounds with strong hand and five (5) rounds with weak hand. (Police Officers must have the finger and hand strength to hold the police pistol in one hand while pulling the trigger.)
- Drag/Carry a human simulator, (155 lbs. In weight) a distance of 30 feet. (After locating either an injured person or apprehending a criminal suspect, an officer is required to pull or carry the subject from the location of the incident in order to save the person’s life, or to keep the person from receiving further injury, or to effect an arrest.)
It is necessary to successfully complete each task within the established time frame in order to continue in the employment process. Press play to see an example of the agility test.