Curtain Call: A History of the Henrico Theatre
(Running time: 25 minutes)
When it opened its doors in 1938, the Henrico Theatre was described as a “big city temple of entertainment set in beautiful rural surroundings.” A classic example of art-deco architecture, the theatre was the crown jewel of Highland Springs. After years of successes and changes of ownership, the Henrico Theatre closed its doors— until Henrico County purchased the property in 1999. Join HCTV as we reveal the story behind the theatre, follow the extensive renovation process and learn how it has become a historic landmark in the county.