Laurel Skate Park
Laurel Skate Park is a fun and safe place for both youth and adults to skate! The Skate Park has a free skate area of 6,700 square feet with ramps, rails, a half-pipe, and bowl. So get your skateboards, in-line skates or BMX/Freestyle bikes and give it a try.
Laurel Skate Park is always staffed during operating hours and admission is free for all ages. The facility is located at 10301 Hungary Spring Road near the intersection of Old Staples Mill and Hungary Road.
Participants are required to wear helmets, elbow and kneepads, wrist guards, shirts, and shoes. Shin guards are also required for bike riders.
For more information, call Elbert Grinnell at 225-2056 or the Skate Park at 67-BOARD (672-6273).
Hours of Operation: March 25-November 17, 2013
- Monday-Friday……… 3:30-9 p.m.
- Saturday…………….. noon-6 p.m.
- Sunday…………………….1-6 p.m.
- Closed all holidays
General Rules for Skaters, Bike Riders
- Skateboards, B.M.X. with Gyro, (no truck bikes, no scooters), and In-Line Skates are permitted.
- Each skater must wear an approved helmet with chin strap, elbow pads, and knee pads.
- Wrist guards and a mouth piece are recommended but not required.
- Profanity, recklessness, and/or rowdy behavior (pushing, tandem riding-two on the same board), etc. are prohibited. All skateboards and bikes must be walked through the gate when entering and exiting the park. Skaters must use caution in this matter.
- No personal music devices permitted in the park.
- No skating or trespassing when facility is closed.
- No alcoholic beverages permitted on County property.
- No chewing gum or food allowed in skate area.
- No soda, water, or drinks of any kind allowed in skate area or on any equipment.
- Garbage must be discarded in trash cans.
- Only three skaters allowed on half-pipe deck at any time; sitting is not allowed on any part of the deck at any time.
- No more than one in-line skater or boarder allowed down in the pipe.
- All spectators must stay in the designated area at all times.
- Although smoking is allowed, no one under 18 years old is allowed to smoke on these premises.
- No spectators may enter any skating area or go on any equipment without designated equipment authorized by Laurel Skate Park Supervisor or staff.
- Equipment must be worn at all times in skating area.
- Do not expose legs in skating area when sitting around the free style wall. You must sit with legs crossed and knees pulled up.
- No personal phone calls are to be made or received by any skaters (except in case of emergency).
- No pets allowed.
- Any infractions of the rules and regulations will result in the loss of a skaters privileges (suspension from park). The time and the length of suspension are to be determined by the Division of Recreation and Parks.
- Bike riders must wear shin guards, elbow pads, and helmets to ride on the half-pipe. All other equipment requires a bike helmet, shin guards, and elbow pads.