Community Development Program
We are a division of the Henrico County Community Revitalization Department. Our primary responsibility is to plan and manage:
- Commercial Assistance Program
- Enterprise Zone Program
- Design Assistance Program
- Commercial/Industrial Grant Program
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
- Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME).
The Division also prepares commercial revitalization plans for various older commercial corridors of the County, serves as a resource on housing issues and undertakes special redevelopment projects.
In addition, the division is also involved in:
- Strategic Planning related to the development of the Annual Consolidated Community Development Plan.
- The Preparation and submission of the annual Consolidated Community Development Plan to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Implementation of the Consolidated Community Development Plan through contracts with subrecipient non-profit agencies or through interagency agreements with County agencies.
- Management of contracts, interagency agreements, compliance monitoring, and evaluation of program activities.
- Accounting and financial management of program activities.
- Management of the Integrated Disbursement and Information System.
- Neighborhood and commercial revitalization planning.