New water and sewer rates take effect July 1, 2013. New water and sewer connection fees become effective October 1, 2013.
The Department of Public Utilities provides water, wastewater systems, and solid waste services to over 90,000 customers. Some of our facilities and activities:
- Public Utilities (DPU) provides drinking water to and collects wastewater from residential, commercial, and industrial customers
- Sanitary landfill (a.k.a., the dump) which takes in over 100,000 tons of solid waste each year
- Refuse collection service
- Recycling, curbside and drop-off
The Divisions of Public Utilities are as follows:
- Solid Waste
- Water Reclamation Facility
- Water Treatment Facility
For more information on these divisions, please view our brochure.
Keep Henrico Beautiful
Hallie Boisseau, Executive Coordinator
For more information, please click here