County of Henrico Code
Sec. 10-218. Discharges to storm sewer system.
(a) It shall be unlawful to:
(1) Cause or allow illicit discharges to the county’s storm sewer system;
(2) Discharge materials other than stormwater to the storm sewer system by spills, dumping or disposal without a VPDES permit;
(3) Cause or allow industrial discharges into the storm sewer system without a VPDES permit; or
(4) Violate any condition or provision of this article or any permit granted for stormwater discharges.
(b) Subject to the provisions of subsection (c) of this section, the following activities shall not be unlawful as illicit discharges under this article:
(1) Water line flushing;
(2) Landscape irrigation;
(3) Diverting stream flows or raising groundwater;
(4) Infiltration of uncontaminated groundwater;
(5) Pumping of uncontaminated groundwater from potable water sources, foundation drains, irrigation waters, springs or water from crawl spaces or footing drains;
(6) Lawn watering;
(7) Individual car washing on residential properties;
(8) Dechlorinated swimming pool discharges; and
(9) Street washing.
(c) If any of the activities listed in subsection (b) of this section are found to be sources of pollutants to waters of the United States, the director shall so notify the person performing such activities and shall order that such activities be stopped or conducted in such manner as to avoid the discharge of pollutants into such waters. The failure to comply with any such order shall constitute a violation of the provisions of this article.
(Code 1980, § 21.1-2)