Traffic Calming Program
Welcome to the Henrico County Traffic Calming Program.
The program consists of two phases. During the first phase of the program, we work together to educate the community through signing, police enforcement, and increased fines for speeding. If the first phase improvements are not effective, we proceed to the second phase review, where physical devices are considered. During the second phase process, we will work together with police, fire and rescue services to determine the best plan for the neighborhood.
The following are Goals and Objectives for our Traffic Calming Program:
- Create safer and more appealing streets
- Reduce collision frequency and severity
- Help reduce the negative effects of motorized vehicles in neighborhoods
- Reduce speeds of vehicles traveling faster than the posted speed limit
- Improve the real and perceived safety for non-motorized users of the street.
- Reduce volume of traffic using the neighborhood as a cut-through
The following Links give you more details on the traffic calming program.
Online Form (coming soon)
Traffic Calming Brochure PDF (requires Adobe reader – free program)
For additional information please contact:
Henrico County Department of Public Works
Traffic Engineering Division
P.O. Box 90775
Richmond, VA 23273-0775