Real Estate Division
Thomas Little – Director
The Real Estate Assessment Division maintains the County Land Book and performs assessments for tax purposes of all real estate in the County. The Division is utilizing a Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal system (CAMA) to accomplish this. The Division’s primary functions include:
- Administer laws pertaining to the real estate assessment process.
- Conduct an annual review/reassessment of all real property.
- Provide administrative support to the County Board of Real Estate Review and Equalization.
- Certify an annual assessment report to the State Department of Taxation.
- Administer the Land Use Program.
- Maintain the parcel layer of the Geographic Information System (GIS).
For information on the Partial Real Estate Tax Exemption Program for qualifying Rehabilitated or Renovated Multi-Family, Commercial/Industrial, and Hotel/Motel properties, click the appropriate link. An application must be completed to enroll in this program.
In addition to the Internet, Real Estate data may be obtained by calling 804-501-4300, 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday or through an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system via touchtone keypad by dialing 804-755-7380.
- Assessment Appeals
- General Information
- Interactive Voice Response
- Land Use Assessment Program
- Tax Rates
- Real Estate Property Information
- Disabled Veterans Real Estate Tax Exemption
E-Mail Inquiries to: Tom Little